According to a recent study by IDC, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) delivers significant economic value and cost savings for organisations.
The study found that OCI customers achieved benefits worth an average of $5 million per year in critical areas like IT staff productivity, operational cost reductions, and business productivity gains, with an average five-year ROI of 474%.
This article explores the economic value of OCI, helping you decide whether it is the optimal solution for your organisation.
Reduced IT costs and improved productivity
OCI customers in the study reduced their IT infrastructure costs by 53% compared to their previous solutions. They were able to streamline management and operations, with 35% greater productivity for IT infrastructure teams.
OCI’s automated patching, upgrades, and system monitoring enabled IT staff to spend 40% less time on routine “keeping the lights on” tasks.
The automated backup capabilities of OCI improved data protection staff productivity by 36%. Customers performed 80% more backups and met backup window targets 45% more often. Compute and storage deployment times were cut in half after adopting OCI.
Driving business productivity
By minimising unplanned outages and speeding up recovery times, OCI helps workers stay productive. In the study, users gained almost 25,000 hours of uptime.
Developers also built and released applications 20% faster and added new features 18% quicker, bringing innovations to market faster.
With expanded application capabilities and less disruption from outages, organisations can serve customers better and generate more revenue. Study participants saw $256,000 higher revenue on average.
By ensuring access to required computing, storage, and applications, OCI helps departments improve process flows and work more efficiently.
Quantified economic value
The IDC study provides tangible data on the significant economic value organisations can achieve with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
- Average 5-year discounted benefits of $17.6 million per organisation. These benefits come from IT staff productivity gains, infrastructure cost reductions, and business productivity improvements.
- Average 5-year discounted investment costs of $3.1 million per organisation. Investments include migration, training, planning, and ongoing subscription fees.
- Based on net present value versus investment, an impressive 5-year ROI of 474%.
- A rapid payback period of only 9 months. This means organisations recover their initial investment in less than a year.
- On a per-user basis, benefits averaged $119,600 per 100 users over 5 years. This shows the advantages of scale across large organisations.
- 53% lower IT infrastructure costs compared to previous solutions.
The IDC study highlights the significant economic advantages organisations can realise with OCI. Its automated capabilities increase IT team productivity while reducing operational costs. By minimising downtime, OCI also drives higher business productivity.
With rapid payback and a strong ROI, OCI is an investment that can deliver a significant bottom-line impact.