As climate change continues to impact our planet, businesses are evaluating their environmental footprint and finding ways to reduce emissions.
Information technology plays a significant role, with network equipment requiring energy and resources. HPE recognises a shared responsibility with partners to pursue ways of lowering the carbon impact of network operations. HPE GreenLake for Aruba offers a solution with the following features:
- Access Points – Aruba APs utilise intelligent power management and sleep/idle modes to reduce power consumption. Built-in sensors adjust Wi-Fi power output based on device proximity.
- Switches – Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet allows Aruba switches to drop power usage during periods of low data traffic, reducing consumption by 50-80%. Variable-speed fans also slow down to conserve power when workloads are light.
- Power Supplies – Highly efficient power supplies with 80PLUS certifications waste less electricity. Auto-sensing power factors optimise voltage for various loads.
- Cloud Management – Aruba Central resides in energy-efficient colocation facilities. The cloud-based console reduces the need for on-premises servers, storage, and HVAC. Monitoring automation also improves efficiency.
- AI Ops – Built-in AI examines metrics like client count, traffic patterns and failures. It identifies anomalies and optimises configurations for maximum throughput and availability using the least power.
Innovative Product Design
HPE Aruba products are efficient by design. For example, access points use 50% less power through intelligent management.
Switches also conserve electricity through features like Energy Efficient Ethernet, which reduces power usage by 50-80% during low data activity periods. Over 80+ certified power supplies bring additional efficiency gains.
Cloud-based management with HPE GreenLake for Aruba is 3.6x more efficient than on-premises. Overall, HPE takes a complete lifecycle approach to efficiency.
Reuse and Recycle
At the end of the term, HPE aims to reuse or recycle network gear rather than send it to landfills, allowing customers to refresh technology while minimising environmental impact.
HPE manages the complex asset recycling process so partners can focus on innovation. With detailed tracking, customers can monitor sustainability progress.
Minimising security risks
Properly recycling old networking equipment is crucial to reducing security vulnerabilities for organisations. When hardware reaches end-of-life, it can expose businesses to data breaches, lost investment dollars, and brand damage if not managed securely.
Old equipment may contain sensitive data like network configurations, passwords, logs, etc. Confidential information could fall into the wrong hands if devices are not adequately wiped clean before leaving facilities. In addition, intact labels, asset tags and identifying marks could be misused to impersonate legitimate hardware.
That’s why HPE GreenLake for Aruba offers a rigorous asset disposal process. It includes on-site pack and ship services to transport devices to HPE facilities. There, experts conduct audits, register assets, physically inspect hardware, and perform data removal.
Traditionally, network infrastructure required upfront capital investment. With HPE GreenLake for Aruba, partners can offer a flexible, consumption-based model.
This subscription approach allows efficient use of assets. Customers consume what they need when they need it.
The Bottom Line
With its sustainability commitments and GreenLake offerings, HPE enables partners to help customers meet emission reduction and other environmental goals.
A shared focus on reuse, recycling, and flexible consumption promotes the responsible use of resources while securing networks and pushing innovation. HPE GreenLake for Aruba aligns technology solutions with sustainability